Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I've gotta pocket, gotta pocket full of SUNSHINE

Spring has finally filled the air on the Trine Campus!! :DDD And just in time as the track season is really starting to roll. We had a meet this past weekend at Adrian. I will never forget how muddy it was, uggggg.... I will also not forget the awesome PR I nabbed too! PR is, if you didn't know, Personal Record. I run the steeple chase and well, the first meet we had this season I sucked the bag :P I went out waaayyyy too hard, so at Adrian I knew that if I paced right, I could survive haha So I did, and dudes, I hurdled at least 2 steeples every lap!!! If you don't know what the steeple chase is, it's 7 and 1/2 laps of, well, agonizing pain and thrill. There are 35 jumps total (we jump over steeples which are like 3 hurdles long and are wide enough that you can push off of them, but they won't move if you run into them or if your foot catches when you go to jump over it like a regular hurdle would, so yeah, that leads to some awesome wipe outs) and out of the 35 jumps, 7 of them you have to not only get over a steeple, but over a water pit too. Yeah, it's crazy :P That's why I love it so much! It takes guts to do it. And at the Adrian meet, we were coming up to our first water pit jump and this defiance chic had to of slipped or something as she was getting ready to jump because her legs totally caught the steeple and BAM! face first in the water pit. I had to jump over her, it was epic :P So yeah, my best time had been 13:30 which really isn't good at all :P Like good steeple times are like a minute faster than that, like 12:30 but at Adrian I was able to finish with a 13:13!!! Yeah, still not where I wanna be but i'm getting faster! I think that once I start hurdling every steeple it will be sooooooooooo much easier and faster :)))))) So yeah! I also did the 800m and finished with a 2:33 which isn't my best ever, but it's my best this year, so I'm excited for that race too! Overall, it was a successful day fo sho! We're actually heading back there this saturday for an MIAA meet so I like knowing what I can expect from the track because their track is set up a bit differently, it's weird to explain, but like their turns are longer than usual, but yeah, anyway, can't wait!

Nothing crazy going on in class or ROTC. Ummmm... it's Wednesday so that means Delta Ki WINGS!!! My friend and I always look forward to it. After practice, we race over to the Delta Ki house and fill our empty bellies with delicious homemade wings and lemonade :)

Alrighty, well I'll end this here since my last post was quite long and it's gorgeous out so dude, stop reading, don't check out your facebook, go outside and have some fun!!!! :D

Peace
~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment