Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ka-BOOM!

I'm baaaaack!!! haha Sorry dudes for not posting in a while. I've been working nonstop on my costume for Chicago Comic Con, working with new freshmen ROTC cadets to get them all scheduled and cleared, and SOAR week wore me out!! haha It was good though. I could only make it to 2 of the 4 days of SOAR, but I was able to nab like 4 new incoming cadets. 3 are dudes, and one chic!!! I am ecstatic!!! it's gonna be a fun year, I have a lot of goodie in store ;)

And updates on my fractured arm! I just saw my orthopedist today and he.... cleared me for physical training!!! woot woot!!! CELEBRATE!! so i'm all good to go this next year at ROTC. cross your fingers I don't break something again :O steeple chase is out unfortunately :'((((( I really loved that race, but I can't put everything at stake again like that, so I'm sorry dear steeple chase, but it looks like I'll be enjoying you from the stands, dry! haha

What else.... oh! I'm doing cross-country this year! I did it freshmen year and just really missed the team feeling I had my senior year in cross-country so I decided to take a break from it my sophomore year and well, my coach has talked me back into joining. and i'm totally psyched! I got these awesome new shoes! look at these:
Photobucket 
Cool right?? haha they're AMAZING!!! Seriously. Okay so here's my marketing side coming out (I've actually talked in numerous people into getting these and they are all surprised at how well they work!)  These Vibram FiveFingers (This is the KSO model) force you to run how you naturally should run, on your toes. This way it takes the pressure off your knees and hips and strengthens your feet, ankles and calves (not to mention the quads!) more so than a regular tennis shoe would. You see, tennis shoes make you do a heel strike run, whereas these keep you on your toes for a smoother, more enjoyable run :) I love them. I run on trails, through water, on roads, paved sidewalks, rocky graveled trails, and never once have a rolled my ankle! They're amazing and I can feel myself getting in much better shape from them. They've made me look forward to running everyday! So dudes, get these! Yeah... they're a bit pricey, but for starters I'd go for these, the KSO model. They're the cheapest and the original model they started with. I'm eventually gonna buy the Bikilas:

Photobucket
Even cooler right? haha these are more expensive, but I think they'll be great for the Disney Marathon I plan to run in January 2012 :D
But till then, I'm working these KSO right into the ground and they're AWESOME!! highly highly recommended ;) maybe I can talk in my whole team into getting a pair haha

Alrighty, dinner is about ready and I'm hungry!! :P I'll chat with you guys soon ;) RA training starts next month!! get ready!! :D
-Peace Out-

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment