Saturday, June 18, 2011

Get ready to SOAR!

Yo dudes, so SOAR week at Trine Univeristy is gonna start in T-minus 2 days!! Woohoo!! I will be attending, to talk about the AFROTC program and all that good stuff ;) hehe. Unfortunately, I won't be able to drive there everyday for it this year, only for Tuesday and potentially Friday. I LOVE, and I mean whole-heartedly LOVE talking to anyone about the ROTC program, goodness, I could talk your ear right off! But I have a job to go to, and gas isn't the cheapest for a starving college student, but i'll try to make it to 2 of the days this upcoming week! :)
SOAR week is just a time when the new freshmen come to Trine, meet their coaches, sign up for classes, say hi to their new roommates, it's just a big WELCOME! And it's always a blast to see. I'm thinking of wear my ABU's (camofluagh) one of the days, that uniform is a lot easier than the others to put on :P I just hope no one gets intimidated... then I have absolutely no one to talk to the entire day about the program. Those are the worst. But, who am I kidding? Just me wearing a military uniform kinda makes people refuse to make eye contact with me, is it because they think I'll ambush them and try to convince their son or daughter to fight for their country?? hahahahaha yeah right :P How I would love to get everyone to join, I'm not out their to recruit every individual. The first step that potential cadets have to take is to come up to me first. Not the other way around. The military isn't cut out for everyone, heck! out of all my relatives and family, I'm only the 3rd person in the military! So I know that everyone doesn't get this butterfly feeling in their heart whenever the National Anthem is played. That's why I wish people understood that making eye contact with me doesn't mean that I think they want to join, it makes me feel human! and not invisible to world. ;)
Well I'm totally excited for the week ahead and will keep you informed on any new updates with the ROTC program at Trine ;)

In other news, Insanity Workout is kicking my booty yet again. We had the Fit Test for the 2nd time yesterday and I improved on every exercise! yayayaya! We still have to measure and weigh ourselves, but I'm just taking in the fulfillment of beating my last numbers and that I am getting stronger! :DDDD
I just received news that our distance coach at Trine has retired :( Coach Doyle was an awesome coach and I wish him all the best! He was able to strengthen the mind and the body in all his runners and he wasn't too bad himself at running ;) So Doyle, all I have left to say is, Peace Out!

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment