Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day of Rest

Ahhhhh,.... so I've been at Insanity Workout for a week now, and dudes, this thing is AMAZING! Though one of my bros dropped out of the program (he couldn't handle it I guess) and my mom just had shoulder surgery today so she won't be back in it for some time, this program really tests you every single day as to how bad do you want it.
We did (meaning my lil bro and I now) the Plyometric Cardio Circuit again yesterday and I remember the 1st time I did it, just 5 days before. I sucked the bag and my legs killed, I kept having to stop and wipe freaken sweat off of me haha but this time I was really holding my own. I was going faster, kept better form, and I didn't sweat as much!! woo hooo!!! In just 5 days I'm kicking booty! Well, I still had to stop a few times, but physically and mentally I feel stronger and healthier. Now, I know everyone is wondering, with these kind of workouts, how do I look now? Am I seeing any progress yet?? Is this workout really doing it for me?? It's hard to say, because ya know, I've always been active and have an athletic physic... somewhat. :P So, weight loss is not what I'm going for (though I have lost some already). Moreover, I'm trying to GAIN weight, not because I'm under (i'm actually in the right weight class for my height) but so that I can gain more muscle. I wanna be ripped :P hehe And since that bad fall I had a month or so back during the steeple chase, I've been really wanting to get back in shape. And I'm seeing some improvements with just a week of Insanity Workout under my belt! My arms are more defined now, my calves are chiseled and my neck and shoulders just look stronger :) The best part is..... I'm not sore!!!!!!! So after 4 or 5 days, the major soreness in my quads and calves went away, thank god :P haha
So today, every Thursday actually, in Insanity Workout you are given one day of rest. So, what do I do? Sit on my butt, eat junk food and watch TV? Nope. I ran 4 and 1/2 miles with my dog :D yep awesome right? I felt so good and my dog held strong. I just wanted to keep going, I really had a runner's high. It was fantastic. I hope to run 3 miles at least everyday or every other day, but we'll see. The temperature finally dropped to a cool 70F so I didn't come home soaked in sweat or my dog dieing of dehydration (he still has quite a fur coat on...) We did on Tuesday though :P I believe when I went on for a run with my dog then it was around 11:30AM and the heat index, I was told after, was around 100F. Yeah. it sucked. I had to pick up my dog and race to the nearest lake to throw him to so that he could cool down and get a good drink (he liked it a lot) I won't dive into much detail as to how I looked, let's just say, not pretty :P So yesterday, Wednesday. all I did was watch reality TV on like VH1 or MTV. Like, Basketball Wives and all that crazy stuff, it was horrible! my brain was decomposing every second. I did do Insanity afterwards and felt better. But today I made a vow that I would never do that again. and so, I went on a run :) and it was worth all the sweat.

Peace
~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment