Sunday, October 24, 2010

AfterShock! :O

Oh my goodness, this weekend has been exciting!! Just one amazing thing after another!! :DDD
Well, first things first, Cedar Point was AWESOME!!! It was halloweekend so it was super busy, the average time to wait in line for one ride was 2 hours!! Crazy right? But it's like once you get on the ride that maybe will last 15 seconds, it's totally worth it!! Maverick was defiantly my favorite! Myself and my friends rode that one first. I've been to Cedar Point twice before, but my friend, Damon, never has so that was an experience within itself to see his life flash before his eyes countless times throughout the night, haha. We also went on Top Thrilled Dragster!!! YAAAA!!!! 120mph in 3 seconds shot up 420ft in the air, in total darkness since by then it was already 9pm by the time we made it to the actual seat of the ride. Oh my goodness that was awesome! haha I think my gut is still somewhere back there. :P it was a bit over a 2 hour wait for a 17second ride, and I may sound crazy for saying this, but it was worth every minute of it. :) We wanted to hit up Millennium Force, but that line was INSANE, like insane enough that for me that was too long of a wait. So instead, since it was halloweekend, there were scare walks all around the park so we headed off to those and oh my goodness those were so much fun!! They had hundreds of fogs machines going, leaving you totally disoriented and confused on where you were and then lasers or random spotlights would be a ways away to draw you to it, and then BAM a freaky looking face would pop up in front of you and scare the ba-jeebens outta you! haha it was soo much fun. I chewed out Damon for letting me go astray and not fighting off all the ghouls for me, but he was so funny with the freaky people because he'd just walk up to them and try to strike up a conversation, smooth Damon, very smooth haha.
So yep, Cedar Point was the Shiz!!! We arrived there at around 2:30pm, rode a total of 3 coasters (Maverick, Magnum, and Top Thrill Dragster), ate din-din at the diner by 9:30pm, swung on Max Air, and walked 3 scare walks, and after getting back together with the rest of the Trine folk by midnight to head back to the bus, then fall sound asleep, we got back to campus at about 3:00am. I wish we had more time to kill there but ah well, next year I hope to go back with just friends with our own car and have the whole day to waste without a time crunch, but for 20 bucks, totally the best deal i've ever paid for ;)

On top of allllllllll that, my bestest friend from Canada got proposed to (and she said yes!!!!), I finally received my Halloween costume from China (heck yes, Ms Marvel!), and I got news that all ROTC cadets are eligible for a scholarship to study abroad this summer to receive 8 or more credits worth of a language with all expenses covered! So....... Jordan/ Tunisia/ Morocco/ or where ever!! I hope to gain a few credits this summer learning Arabic so keep your fingers crossed :D

Ahhhhh such a grand weekend, only to get me pumped and ready for the upcoming week, so.... BRING IT ON!!! Tuesday I have Drill Lab for AFROTC, and.... I'm fa-REAKING OUT! :OOOOO It's where, I'll be given a card with several commands on it that I will have to call in the correct order for the flight to execute WITH several extra commands that are NOT on the card but are needed before I can even call some of the commands on the card AND all under a timelimit and the watchful eyes of my inspector. AHHHHHHHH!!!! sounds confusing right??? :P but since I had such an AH-mazing weekend, I feel like I'm ready for anything.
Thank you Trine University for igniting the fabuluos weekend with Cedar Point ;) I couldn't have asked for anything better!!! :)))

Alrighty dudes, I'm outta here, gotta study for Chinese, god I love that class!
Peace Out!

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment