Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Operation: "A" or Neigh

Yep, I've officially called finals week, Operation: "A" or Neigh. haha :P And so far, I've accomplished my goal for Microecon and Literature Class to finish with an A, don't know about my final Chinese grade yet, but my 10 minute interview yesterday went swell :) Yes, I had a few slip ups, but I'm just overall glad it's over and... surprisingly I can't wait to get back into Chinese after break :D The language is a challenge, though not as challenging as I thought it'd be, I mean, yeah you have to devote at least 2 hours everyday to study it, but it's a lot of fun so all the hard work defiantly pays off! And, Air Force ROTC is paying me to take the class, $150 bucks now, and next semester it'll be $250 since I'll be in Chinese II :) I love dah moolah haha

Then today I had my World Civ II exam, and my professor was so nice to let me borrow his World Civ book to study. I didn't buy a single book this semester for a number of reasons:
>My roommate and friends were in a lot of my classes already so I just borrowed them
>My Air Force book $ didn't kick in till a month after school started (that's the government for ya)
>And, I could find a lot of the Literature stories online and I just took really good notes in class that a book was just not necessary
But for my World Civ final, one of my friends has the book, but of course she was studying for the same final and I didn't want to bother her with asking for it, so I asked my World Civ professor if he has a text book I could borrow just to give me a reference in my notes if I don't understand something. He was shocked I asked him so late in the semester and told me if I ever needed a text book to not hesitate and ask, because he would have let me borrow the text book for the whole semester if need be! What a great guy :) That's one big thing I love about Trine, the professors are here to help you succeed and to make a connection, not to make you suffer and resent going to class. So I studied last night for about 5 or so hours. Took the exam today and it went perdy well. I hate it when you take a final and you don't know the answer to the first question! It's like really?!?!? COME ON! haha but I figured it out soon enough, all good ;)

Tomorrow is my last final! WOOT WOOT! And, it's Criminal Law. Love that class :D Prof. Milliken is one of the best professors I've had yet. He makes everything interesting! He lectures, but then he gives us numerous cases and asks us what we would do, what side would you take, what's the actus reus/mens rea? Just a bunch of fun stuff. It's a lot of fun and that exam is gonna be the easiest one I think. :) Let's hope.

OH! The moonlight breakfast on Monday was delicious. Ate with my friend, Damon, and boy did we chow down on some hash browns, scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage! What the best part was, the teachers were the ones serving us! haha it was great. they even would come around and take any plates that needed to be thrown out. It was fun :) Afterwards Damon and I got a picture with.... SANTA CLAUS! It was a well rounded night with laughter, full bellies, and relaxed minds from studying. ahhhhh....
Then, last night was the free wings and long necks (Jones Soda). I wasn't in the mood for the wings but they did look really good and I was able to nab myself the recommended flavor: blue jones soda :) I haven't had pop in the longest time, let alone a Jones Soda, so it tasted weird but hey it was free, why not?

AHHHH!!! I really cannot wait till tomorrow! After the Criminal Law final it's Home or Bust! My sister, who goes to school in Florida, just flew up this past weekend and will be picking me up. She has yet to see the tiny campus of Trine and I can't wait to show her it :) Then, after getting home it's off to the Relient K Christmas Concert!! Woot Woot!!

Whew, well, I better head off, I've given my brain a breather and now it's time to go back and study theft and kidnapping and all that jazz :)
Peace Out dudes

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment