Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gobble Gobble

gobble up my time from writing a post that's fo sho! It's been over a week since I last wrote, and to think of everything to gather and write down is just wayyyy too much, so I'll cut it short ;)
Thanksgiving was great! Only two relatives and my family ate so that meant more food to eat, less dishes to wash, and just an overal chill thanksgiving :) it was fun and I can say, i was just about sick of turkey from eating all the leftovers the days following haha but it was great and I can only hope for a fun, happy, and warm thanksgiving to all of you! what am I thankful for? A great family that is there for me whenever anything hits the fan and just goes to kaput, the men and women that wear the uniform of our country proudly, friends that keep my sanity in tack, and finally I am thankful for being able to breath in this world of adventure and love that continually proves to me that nothing is impossible. :)

Track has been kicking my gluteus maximus but I don't think it's my body that's holding me back, but myself and I wish I just had a better mental attitude. I mean, I ran better in High School and my workouts were not as hard as they are now, but I had a team I knew inside and out in high school, and I miss that kind of camaraderie. Though, since I've been warming up and cooling down with the sprinters, they are an awesome bunch of people that may be one of the reasons why I even go to practice. Me as a runner, you can make me run mile after mile and I can still do the worst in a race if I don't have a supportive team behind me. In my mind I've got nothing to gain then. A team to me is better than any plaque or medal. I'd rather have a team hug me after loss than to win a race without any cheers. In my mind, there is no point. I might as well run on my own then if I am just going to be to running by myself in races for pete's sake! But, after a few weeks, I'm slowly getting more involved with the team and trying to build up... something between them and me, even if it is just the sprinters, heck! i used to be one so why not? haha I don't want to blow another year away, I want to be the best runner I know I can be, and right now I'm just not seeing it.

Air Force has been stressing me out. We had our 2nd Drill Lab on this past Tuesday and it actually wasn't that bad. We just had to march them through an obstacle course, making all the right calls on the correct foot, timing was really critical, but I made it through and it worked out well. The atmosphere was really tense though since, well, that's really how all Drill Labs are, everyone is stressed and anxious to get it over with. I brought two recruits up with us too so that they could get a first had look at what they're about to get themselves into. I hope they learned a few things and aren't... I don't know, discouraged to join us next semester. But I know if I were in their place I'd like to sit in on a day and see how everything works. I wasn't given that luxury when I first joined last year, but I don't regret joining for a second. Sure, you have those days when you wonder is this the right path? And, it's those days I really sit down and think about it all. My life from beginning to now. I've always wanted to fight for my country and the AFROTC program couldn't have been a better match for me. It's a different world, ROTC, I mean when I put on that uniform yes my first and last name are the same, but I'm a Cadet and a soon to be officer in the Air Force. My outlook on the world and everything is changed. I have a serious purpose to accomplish when I'm in my uniform, and nothing will stop me from completing the job. It's like putting on a superhero suit. You fight the fight till the villain is done. There's no break, no time to fix the hair, it's all just the fight and the ultimate goal of completing the mission. If I was given another chance to go back in my life my senior year of high school, I wouldn't have changed a thing. I would have still put in my application for the AFROTC Scholarship, would have talked with the Army recruit, I would have still done all of that, because I want to be that hero, that soldier of our country till my very last breath.

Whew, well I said I'd cut it short, so I'll end it here :)
Again, I hope all had a splendid Thanksgiving and Christmas is only around the corner woot woot!
-Peace Out-

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment