Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Take 2: Semester II

So, since I've arrived back to school a week or so ago, I'll admit, it's been kinda hectic! Taking 19 credits this semester (you actually have to get a waiver from the head of the department to be allowed to take over 18 credits! but i got that all cleared last semester so I'm good ta go) so yeah, like I said, taking 19 credits, starting the indoor track season, taking on the role as Director of Operations for Arnold Air Society at Trine for Air Force ROTC (wow that was a mouthful) and getting prepared for Field training coming up this summer, I've been a busy bee. AND on top of that I turned in an application for an RA position for next year, and boy, was that an extensive application! An essay, about 10 application short answer questions, a resume, a letter of interest and reference form that had to be filled out by a Trine University faculty member. I chose Professor Trusty who is our Air Force ROTC advisor, he's my main go to guy if I have any proposals, questions, signing up for ROTC class, recruits, pretty much anything ROTC related, I can go to him and get an answer. He's a great advisor and mentor. Being previous military himself he knows what we're going through and is the closest Trine faculty member that understands us cadets the best. So, I got all that paperwork in by the deadline and just yesterday, I received a phone call, asking when I am available for an interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDD I was soooo happy! It's this Friday so I'm prepping myself till then! Cross your fingers :)

Ever since last year, I've kinda always had this feeling to want to be an RA. I don't know, maybe it's Air Force ROTC which has been pushing me to take on more leadership roles, or maybe it's my mom and hearing all her fun RA stories when she was one... back in the day :P Or maybe it's something else, but I know I want this job for the experience, for the leadership roles, for the responsibilities, and for the connection I'll have with my fellow peers at Trine. I know the Air Force right off the bat will help me with this position quite a bit, that's IF I get it, but I'm keeping positive. :)

So, besides my interview coming up on Friday, Trine Thunder Track and Field Indoor Invite is this Friday also! Woot Woot! First one of the season too, so hopefully we can start it off with a BANG! I'm running the 800m, 4x4m Relay and... an event I have never competed in: the 1600m or 1 mile. I'm kinda worried about that one, because the 800m is the longest race I've ever had in a track meet, and especially since it's indoors, the track is only 200m around so that means twice as many laps. So instead of 4 laps on an outdoor track to equal up to 1600m, I have to run 8 laps on the indoor track to complete a 1 mile race :P uggggg but I just keep telling myself it'll be all good. Coach put me in those events for a good reason, so I have faith he knows what he's doing ;)

Ah well, I better head out! With 19 credits, I always have some homework to do ;)
Peace

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment