Friday, January 21, 2011

High of 13....

.... but I was smoking it today!! I wanted to update you on my crazy friday before I nod off to sleep at, yeah, 9:20pm :P I had my RA interview today, and I must say, I was freaken nervous! HECK! I showed up 15 mins early because I was soooo anxious! But once I got in there, everything just started to flow. My interviewers were very kind and asked me great questions that I answered to the best of my ability. So, phase 2 of operation RA or Bust is completed, now phase 3 shall commence, and that's going to my 2nd interview next week which will be a group interview! So I'm looking forward to that and can't wait to see who else is in the same boat as me :)

After my interview, and breathing a sigh of relief, I had to get all pumped up and ready for my track meet today! But dudes, I was soooo exhausted! I didn't really sleep that well the night before, and I was sooo stressed about the interview. Once I completed my interview, I had lunch and then crashed on my bed and slept for an hour or so. It was an okay nap, not what I really wanted, but I got up and headed out to the ARC to do what I was trained to do, run! I was soooo nervous for the 1600m and that was my first event to do. I've never competed in that race before, so I was like going in blind, but I had an idea and goal I wanted to reach (besides finishing hehe) I was aiming for around a 6:10ish and so when that gun went off I booked it! In the end, I came out with..... a 6:02!!! Yup yup! :D that was exciting. I felt like I was gonna puke after that and my whole body just felt sick. :/ not fun. But i got up and ran the 800m, which sucked so we'll just skip that and go right to the last race, the 4x4 relay. We kicked booty! I don't know our split but our overal time was like a 4:21 so that's an average of about a 1:05 per person so not bad chicas! We did great :) Everyone did great! I believe we competed against 4 other schools, so there was a good variety of girls to compete with, but it was the cheering that kept me going! We had quite a crowd that was always screaming when any came running around. It was cool. God, do I love track <3 Even though I felt so sick after each race, it's that rush you get and motivation from team members and spektators that just keep me going. I LOVE IT!! :DDD

Ah, well I'm pooped. :P I gotta wake up early tomorrow to help host the High School Track Meet we're doing so i'll peace out ya dudes!

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment