Wednesday, February 2, 2011

sNOw School DAY!

Yes, you heard right, college actually does have snow days!! crazy right?? I thought that was all a myth, but nope guess not :P Waking up at 10:30 this morning was AMAZING!!! no class, no homework to worry about, just chilling in the room, putting boots on to go get some food, and staying warm. ahhhh.... it was awesome. Though, track practice still was scheduled to happen at 1600, so I trudged on over there through the foot high snow and did my running. 3 miles on the indoor track and 20min on the bike. Not bad right? NO! dude, running 24 laps on that track was hypnotizing, I was like a zombie. So many turns ahhhhhhh!! But the bike was worse, the workout room was sooooooo hot and I was already sweating so after biking on that, it was sooo nice walking outside back to my room, that cold air felt soooo goood! :)

Track practice has been going well! I've been having an issue with my hamstring lately but the trainers have been giving me good advice on what to do. 20min of heat and a couple ibuprofen if it's that bad and whalah! i can go run without much of any pain. though, they've been insisting I take it easy this week, just so my hamstring can heal so I wont be running this weekend at IU. :( I know, sucks! But on a good note, I will be going to Notre Dame for the ROTC Basketball Tournament our Detachment hosts for Army, Navy, and AF Detachments around the nation! It's a lot of fun, even though some teams do take this like really seriously, but it'll be fun fo sho :) Us cadets from Trine made our own team and will be competing on Friday and Saturday. I ordered the team some shirts from a shirt printing store that is just down the street from campus and they were really kind and open to making the shirts for us so I'm totally excited to be showing off my shirt around campus, ohhhh yeah :D Here's the design I put together and hope to see it come out:

Photobucket

So, before I leave I'd just like to announce that I GOT THE RA POSITION!! ye-yah! I'm gonna be an RA next semester so woot woot! :D And! to top it all off, it's groundhog's day and it seems that Phil didn't see his shadow this year! So spring is coming early :DDDD But looking outside, I defiantly do not see that happening haha Alrighty, stay warm dudes ;)
Peace

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment