Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm ahhhhhhhLIVEE!!!!!

It's been a bit over a week since my last post, sorry peeps for keeping you waiting! That's how the life of a student works though during Midterms week :/ Yep, I've been stressed up to my neck! But hey, I'm here to give you good news and to kinda escape the stressful environment ;)

So first things first, TRACK! We had a meet last week on Friday, and dudes, I dominated!! And when I mean dominated, I mean it as in like, I proved myself, not that I won the race or anything, but yeah :P So anywho, I ran the 800m for the first time this year on that Friday and, I was kind of afraid of what was gonna happen to tell you the truth since I haven't ran a good 800m since my senior year in high school (last year/freshmen year was an epic fail on my part when it came to that race). But, I know this race, more than the 1600m that I've only just started running this year so, yeah! It was AWESOME! My madre was there too, I swear she's like my biggest fan out there :P Running all over the place, getting ready to cheer and shout out commands (she's a former runner, and was an AMAZING one too, or so she says, hehe) so, in the end, I came out with a 2min 36sec run, which isn't great, but it's an awesome starting pointing for me :D And I came in 3rd! The thing that sucked was, 2nd place was about 7 seconds in front of me (2min 29sec) and then BAM there was just a void/emptyness between me and her so I had no one really in front of me to push me to catch up to :/ I think if just one person was somewhere in that void I would have at least cut off 4 seconds, but hey! I survived and did better than what I thought I would have :) My 400m times in both the DMR and 4x4 relay were great too, like a 63-62sec so that's awesome :D All in all, a huge sucess on my part and I was glad my mom was there to see it :) this is defiantly gonna be a better year than last. Not looking back from here!

Besides Track, in Air Force ROTC we had our Physical Fitness Assessment just yesterday. That's where we're tested on how many sit-ups we can do in a minute, how many push-ups we can do in a minute, and then a timed 1mile and 1/2. Well, I haven't worked on my upper-body or core lately, so out of 10 points for each, I was able to score a 8.5 on push-ups (33 push-ups total) and an 8 on my sit-ups (44 sit-ups total) which were my goals initially. The 1.5mile run though, I was gonna KILL! :DDD To score the max points of 60 from the run you have to run like a 10min 23sec, but my goal was 10min! And dudes, I ran a 9min 56sec!! Ye-YAH! I was so happy just because I had been working on that all along and finally I broke 10min which was better than what I asked! woot woot! haha That's like a 6min 28sec mile so not too shabby hehe
In total I scored:
     8.5 Situps
     8.0 Pushups
   60.0 Timed 1.5mi
+ 20.0 Meeting the weight requirements
   96.5!!!

The Detachment's goal is a 90 and I totally broke that, so *pats self on back* good job Annie, proud of ya ;)

Other good news! I got an A on my child and adolescent psychology exam! I studied for about 10hours or so, yeah I know, crazy right? But it paid off so woot woot!
what else.... hmmmmm I haven't fallen yet from all the ice on EVERYTHING! haha so that's a plus hehe
and, spring break is in T-Minus 10 DAYS! my mom and I booked 2 tickets to Florida, yup! We'll be chillen or err heating up with my twin and older sis down there so it's gonna be a blast, just all the girls together :D

Alrighty, well I believe it's my nap time now, sprinter workout today :/ not so sure about this...
PEACE!

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment