Saturday, February 5, 2011

Trine Cadets bring the THUNDER!!!

Alrighty, so it's like 1 o'clock in the morning on Saturday and I'm only up this late because I gotta update you on what happened less than a few hours ago! We Trine AFROTC cadets headed up to Notre Dame today at 1700 (5pm) for the 25th Annual ROTC Basketball Tournament our Det. hosts. Our game started 1900 and we were up against Notre Dame Navy ROTC. Though we had our awesome Trine AFROTC T-shirts, the ND NROTC had freaken jerseys! Yeah JERSEYS! But we put up a good fight. Cadet Winkler was our captain and even though I was new to the game, at least competitively, he taught me quickly. We put a strategy together and tried to impement it, but ya know, it was the first time we all actually had played together, so it was a little rough, and Navy was dominating up! But we had fun and never gave up. I scored two 3 pointers, yep ME! Unbelievable right? :P I pretty much just closed my eyes and let the ball do all the talking haha But everyone did awesome! We have two more games tomorrow. errrr... I mean today! We're gonna head out at 0730 and just try to make our moves in these upcoming games and just come out happy campers :)
*yawn* well I better head out, but before I do, here was our score from our 1st game: 16-51 or something like that haha I know, but hey we put up some sorta fight :P
Peace

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment