Saturday, February 12, 2011

Run Run! As fast as you can...

You can't catch me, I'm a TRINE TRACK RUNNER!! hehe yep totally just thought that one up. Brilliant!
So yeah, the 3rd Indoor Track meet of the season went on today and it went stupendously!! Running started at noon, so I still got to sleep in (thank god!) and was able to grab a bite before running :) I ran in the DMR (Distance Medley Relay) which goes in this order of legs: 1200m - 400m - 800m - 1600m. I thankfully was the 400m leg and ran a 65sec which isn't bad, but I know I can go faster later in the season fo sho. Our DMR team did great too! We didn't win, but we held up a good fight against Manchester, who were trying to get a qualifying time for nationals, so we had a lot up against us, but hey! we didn't get lapped and that's all that matters ;)
Next, I ran the 1600 with 3 other fellow Trine ladies. I broke my PR with a 5:54! This is only the second time I've ever competed in this event, and considering I've cut off 8sec from my last time, I know I can only continue to go down :) My other fellow Trine 1600m runners also did great! Beating their goal time and snatching their own PRs so already, early in the meet and ultimately, in the entire season, everyone is running extremely well, and it's only gonna get better from here!
So finally, the last event I ran was the 4x4 Relay. We had a great team set up, but when the time came, only myself and the anchor were able to run it (one runner wasn't cleared and the other pulled her quad muscle in the 60m dash). Yeah, it sucked. So we both tried to recruit two other runners, because we both just really wanted to run this race. So who do we find? Two 3k runners, and the 3k race is right before the 4x4 relay! and they're not especially trained to run the 400m... But hey! I respect both them a lot and they were the only ones that had the guts to suck it up and run 400m! Well, I popped it (and i guess a lot of people don't understand that term, so what I mean by "pop" is starter/1st leg) and ran a good time, a 63/64sec and our 2nd and 3rd leg were our 3k runners who ran extremely well! Better than what they both thought they could run! One ran a 1min 14sec, and she was at least hoping for a 80sec! and our anchor totally booked it and, dudes, watching her run is sooooo awesome! she just like flies!! no joke! She also won the 800m race with a 2:28, which to her is going "easy" haha :P Well, we didn't win the 4x4, but we never expected that and just did it for fun. :) I looked at the opposing team's final time and if we had the team we were supposed to have, we totally woulda dominated that race! no joke! ahhhhhh! if only :P next time, we will!
Ahhhhh..., whew it was a longggggg day! And after the meet we got a team picture, I'll post them once they're up and done editing them. I don't know who won the meet or how many points each team had, we were up against Defiance, Manchester, Sienna Heights, and Aquinas who were all awesome competitors! The boys did great too! To sum the whole meet up, it was a success :) and I totally cannot wait till our next one, which is this upcoming Friday, so woot woot!  Be there or be square ;)

And after the meet a few of us runners got together and drove to Steak and Shake and just chilled, it was great and well deserved for our hard work ;) I totally got the double chocolate shake and ate that whole thing in like 2sec! it was soooooooooo good haha

Well, i think i've painted a pretty accurate picture of the meet that happened today, and now will let your eyes rest from reading this post (and well let myself catch some well needed shut eye) :) Later dudes!
peace

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment